Tuesday, April 28, 2009

101 heard from a couple of WATO veterans! Did you work at WATO?...send your photographs and memories!

George, you're right. So many people went through WATO over the years. That aircheck from Dennis brought back a lot of memories for me. Besides being a high school friend, he was my PD during my tenure at the Big 1290. We still play golf from time to time. I did every shift except afternoons. I started out doing evenings, then middays, then right before leaving to do morning news at U-102, I was doing mornings at WATO. It's very sad that the station isn't viable anymore. (Mike Clark)

What a hoot today when a friend of mine told me to check out the site and find an audio clip from 1979 at WATO. Wow...some time ago. Just wanted to say thanks for remembering me and keep up the great site. (Dennis Willard WECO FM101.3 Wartburg, Tn.)