Friday, May 08, 2009

"This is me behind the mike at WROL....aka W149. Cool to see the carts on the wall where I remember them...This was taken, I believe, in 1975 or '76" (Chris Grabenstein)

ChrisGrabenstein.com
THE CROSSROADS paperback May 12th
HELL HOLE paperback May 26th
MIND SCRAMBLER June 23rd
THE HANGING HILL Aug 11th

From the 101 inbox~

"Didn’t you leave out Anne Alexander in your list of DJs and News Person(s)? She was really Estelle K. Shelton, a very nice lady. No telling where she is now." (500 Mega Watt)

"Fred Story is a media composer, in Charlotte NC. He just built a fantastic new recording studio, check out Concentrix Music and Sound Design, on the WEB." YOUR FAN, (SS)!

"I remember Knoxville radio when I was a teenager in the mid to late 70's The WOKI airchecks brought back memories as that was the cool station on FM, even in the automation stage. WNOX used to sign off Sat or Fri night around midnight for transmitter maintenance. WKGN went disco about '78 or '79, then I left the area and moved back to Wash State. Good Times! Keep up the archives." (Chris Stubblefield)