Thursday, February 22, 2024

Hello from Curtis Parham...


One of my execs at WOKI with one of our daughters, Miranda. Julie and I are still great friends. Not room in a small house for two radio egos. Miranda is in LA now producing for Netflix. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Apparently AP picked up the story and put it on the wire. (Curtis Parham)


More from CP~ Johnny called me last fall to ask a question and we wound up talking for about an hour. Somehow we got on the subject of our beginnings in radio. Johnny was working for the funeral home in Etowah, and one of the duties (in addition to driving the hearse and family car) was to take the obits to the local radio station, WCPH. "There I was in my black suit and tie, never smiling. All the guys in the station were laughing, drinking coffee and Cokes, and smoking cigarettes. That just looked like a lot more fun than what I was doing, so I pestered the owner until he gave me a job." Johnny always was a salesman, RIP, JP.