Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Friday! 101 obtained this classic photo from the early 80's of Ed Rupp...He's an ageless wonder! Got photo? Send them our way!

101 received this note from Curtis Parham...Seeing the old 'NOX caricatures reminded me of one of the real GENTLEMEN I worked with in radio: Jim Clark. I worked with Jim at the old WETE in the early '70's. Jim was doing mornings and I was doing afternoons. After retiring from radio, Jim moved to the Carolina Outer Banks where he was subsequently diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. Even with this dire condition, Jim never lost his sense of humor. I asked him what the doctors were doing for him. He said they had prescribed medicinal marijuana and that the Sheriff brought him a confiscated supply every week. He remarked that if he had known that that is how they treated it, he would have gotten sick a lot sooner! A great guy and a great friend! I still miss Jim.

Coming soon 101 returns to the audio vault and features Claude and Jean singing on WIVK, Jerry Steel of WKGN, and much more!