Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Hump Day! 101 wants to hear from you, send your photographs and memories!

Today 101 says hello to old pal Martin Baker...

"George...what a surprise. It’s been a long time! I’ve had numerous conversations with CP, Phil Williams and others as to who the heck was writing this blog. As you probably know, my last radio gig was in 1986 with WIVK where I had the incredible fortune to work with Claude The Cat for about 10 months. I was between CP, who went to U-102 and the late Jim Donovan. What an amazing morning show...Claude, Lester, Old Man Schultz, Jean Ash, Channing Smith and I think Alan Williams was doing sports. I was paid to laugh and push the buttons. In the future I’ll share a few stories about some of the funny things that happened during those 10 months...like the time Claude said sh__ on the air. One final note – Jim Dick was one of the finest men I have ever worked for! What a gentleman!"

Next up the 101 Audio Vault returns to the DJ Reunion '86 hosted by U-102. Here are "The Brothers" talking about their start...