Friday, September 26, 2008

Hello George! I love reading Jean Ash's notes. I can hear her mellifuous voice reading each word and it's a pleasure. Jean was a joy to work with at WIVK, great personality with a sincere love of news and a terrific on-air presence. Also, thank you for giving us The Joe Show's voice again and sharing his picture (he was younger than I remember). May he rest in peace. I have a couple of Claude The Cat stories to share a little later down the line. Unfortunately, I don't have any airchecks of his show (you know how nearly impossible it was to aircheck at WIVK back then). I hope someone will share more sound of The Cat with us. I think John Long just wants to start a bunch of hall of fames so he can see how many will elect him. : ) But if a Tennessee hall of fame is formed, he certainly belongs there. Loved listening to him back in his WNOX days. I was an occasional guest with Boo Baron on Eddie Beacon's talk show a few years ago on 1180AM. John called in one day to share WNOX stories with Swang. Somewhere I have an aircheck of that segment and it was a riot. I'll dig it up one day and send it to you. Several years ago, I found John's Oidar (radio spelled backward) website and read his online book - must reading for anyone in radio! It takes a few hours to read, but it's thoroughly absorbing and entertaining. Keep up the great work! Best Wishes, Bill Miller (I am still Suitcase Simpson)