Thursday, January 08, 2009

Happy Thursday from 101...join our new Facebook group, search for Knoxville Radio History 101!

101 received several emails about the WIVK 860 sheet...best I recall I was given a copy of a copy of the original when I worked at WIVK, no word if the original still exists. The station signed on the air in 1953 and that programming list has to be from the very early days! Gotta love Ktown Radio history!


Good one George. Where did you get the program sheets? Acey Boy was the first black radio guy in K-town. I remember listening to him back home in Glen Mary. Claude also did a show called Ebony and Ivory later in the 50's and early 60's. (Your Dave Young)

ONE TIME, I WAS DOING BOARD DUTY AT WIVK, DURING THE DAY TIME. USUALLY MY SHOW RAN FROM 7 UNTIL MIDNIGHT, BUT FOR AWHILE, I DID THE DAY TIME SLOT AND FILLED IN FROM TIME TO TIME. HOWEVER, I WAS SURPRISED TO SEE ARCHIE CAMPBELL VISIT THE STUDIO. WHILE THERE, ARCHIE SAID, "LET ME DO YOU SOME ID'S..THEN HE RECORDED SEVERAL, EACH TIME CHANGING THE THEME WITH YOU ARE LISTENING TO MY BROTHER..RONNIE CAMPBELL..THE NEXT ONE WOULD SAY..YOU ARE LISTENING TO MY UNCLE..OR MY DADDY OR COUSIN..IT HAD EVERYONE SO CONFUSED AND IT WAS A GREAT TIME IN MY CAREER AT WIVK. (RONNIE CAMPBELL)

Coming soon~ WIVK jingle from 1961 that 101 received from Chris Huff!