Thursday, February 05, 2009

Scott Black

I really enjoyed reading Jeff Caylor's contribution on the website today. And, I enjoy getting the emails you send. Good to know what Jeff is up to! Jeff really helped me when I started at WGAP. My first responsibility was working the Tennessee Vol Network slot. Man, I was good at pushing those commercial cart buttons when John Ward said, "this is the Volunteer Network"! I could drop my magazine and spring into action faster than anyone! LOL.I wonder what ever happened to Mike Anderson? Mike was the Program Director at the time I joined WGAP I think. He was a great guy, very patient and rarely anything but optimistic. He always ended his show with, "take care, cause I care." I remember that distinctly.I came down to Knoxville for Homecoming this year. WUTK, the college station, had a reunion. It was fun to go to down in Old Town area. I had a new experience that night. I was the OLDEST alumni of the station present! Good god, when did THAT happen! (Scott Black)



Hey 101…..Just finished listening to Jerry Steel’s last show at WKGN……..Amazing where some of the DJs from that time period went. Wayne Bernard became Charlie Chase of Crook & Chase and still does a morning TV show in Nashville. Kent Newton left for Memphis but was later at the legendary WLS as Tom Kent and still shows up for the Memorial Day Rewind on WLS. Jack Diamond went to WAKY in Louisville, KY. Bob Baron owns a very profitable business centered around TV Weather computer applications. (Keith Duckett)