Thursday, February 10, 2011


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY DENTON!

As an 18 year old with only a few air shifts under my belt at WBLC 1360 in Lenoir City, Bobby Denton gave me my "big break" back in '76 and brought me into the WIVK family. I worked weekends thru college at UT and then opted out...from platters to platters I entered the restaurant biz for my chosen career at Grady's Goodtimes from it's first day of selling Tater Twirls, Soon to be Famous Chili, and the yummy Chocolate Bar Cake!!!

If one is going to have a short broadcast career...working at WIVK at that time was the hot spot~ Your Dave Young (my DJ mentor), Claude Tomlinson, Jimmy Vineyard, Ed Brantley, Bob Thomas, Jamey Kerr, Ed Rupp, Dan Bell, Jean Ash, Bob Kesling, Terry Womack, Jeff Winters, Randy Miller, Joe Grant, Tony Igar, David Henderlight, Thelma Randby, Ken Russell, Linda Walker, Tony Eubanks, Dandy Don Meltabarger, Arch Bishop...and the list goes on and on! Oh what a treat it was and a dream come true DJing "The Music of America" at the #1 rated station in the USA!


Thanks again "Booby" for making some many DJs radio dreams come true!!!