Wednesday, April 24, 2013




"Good Afternoon George...My name is Chris Wade and I am the Broadcasting teacher for Knox County Schools and we have started a new Broadcast program for 3 High Schools in Knox County. Karns, Powell and Hardin Valley Academy students have the opportunity during the day to come over to Byington Solway CTE Center to take radio broadcasting. We have an online radio station online at RetroRadioKCS and are on Shoutcast. We play Classic hits. Our sister station is 91.1 WKCS over at Fulton High School. I wanted to send you a link and a few images to let you know what are studios and logo look like. I graduated from the radio program at Fulton in 1997 and worked at WKGN from 1994 to 1997. I then went to work at B97.5 and worked there for over 15 years doing everything from Evenings to Morning Show Producer. Before getting in to teaching I worked 2 years at Food Network. I started teaching broadcasting for Knox County Schools in January 2012. I appreciate it if you could give us a listen and let us know what you think. We are still building the imaging and promos."