Wednesday, October 16, 2013

From the 101 InBox~

"I attended UT in around 1988-89. While there, I got to know Chris Mayes who DJ'd an oldies show in the evenings.  I think it was WKGN, but I'm not sure. Was WKGN on Kingston Pike on Bearden Hill? I hope I'm remembering these things correctly. I remember the studio was upstairs and had windows looking out the front of the building. I also remember the studio had been around for a long time and imagined all the great music that first got played there through the years. Chris was a pretty wild personality and had a really good radio voice reminiscent of DJs from earlier years. He and I ran around a little while I was there in school, but I totally lost track of him. With all of the internet search possibilities now, I still find nothing. Just a shot in the dark, but I wonder if his name might ring a bell." (Chris Eller)