Monday, November 13, 2017

It's a 101 Reload (previously posted)...

Hi...My name is Bill Love (real name~Bill Herald). I worked at WKGN for a few months in the Fall of 1968...now on the air at WKDQ in Evansville where I've been for the last 17 years...

We had a great group during the short time I was at WKGN- Jim Clark, Bob Baron, Dr Al Adams and many more. It wasn't like coming to work, It was like visiting with your buddies. I loved it at WKGN but the pay was a little on the low side in 1968- I was making $150 a week. I got an offer from WPOP in Hartford and took off on Thanksgiving Day 1968, but I'll NEVER FORGET that great group at WKGN and the old store front building on Cumberland Ave with the one toilet that had a hook and eye latch to close the door and a stack of Playboys for companionship.

There might be some other things of interest on my memories website!

Best regards and fond memories,

Bill Love WKDQ
Evansville, Indiana