Tuesday, June 26, 2018

MRB...

Wow, 48 years have flown by. June 29th will be my last day at Midwest Communications. Nothing bad, just leaving likely the last full time job I'll ever have. It's been a wild ride. Learning to pinch pennies from the master while rocking five states. My 5 1/2 year world tour to cut my hair, buy a tie and get respectable. Being a successful Sales Manager in a Top 60 market. Coming back to Knoxville for Sue's job. Building three new FM's from scratch. Being the first voice on three different Knoxville FM stations. Growing a single station to a group of ten (not my best work). And getting to wind down my career with two quality family owned broadcasters while being allowed to buy and sometimes sell four small market stations (thanks Terry and Craig). So now I write the closing chapter...not really retired, just ready to spend time on my time remaining stations. And maybe add another....

Mike Beverly