Saturday, September 08, 2018

Here's a 101 Reload (previously posted)-

I loved "The Birdman"...he came to 15Q from Chattanooga. One afternoon Tom Dooley brought him into the control room to meet me, and have me show him the board. Bird said, I was listening on the way in and "man I want to sound like you". I told him, he could never sound like me...but the best thing he could do was "SOUND LIKE HIM". He certainly took those words to heart and became one of the most unique personalities anywhere. He was one of my best friends...someone who would go to war for/or with you. He was a wonderfully crazy man and a great talent. It was a pleasure knowing and hanging with him the short amount of time he had on the planet. There was only ONE Bill "Birdman" Thomas. I will always miss him! (Mike Beach)