Saturday, December 22, 2018


It's January 1971 and the above line up made up the WKGN Good Guys...

Fast forward some months later and enter stage left~ Chris Hampton!

"Wow, I got there just a few months after that date and (Eddie Beacon) was already gone. As a matter of fact, the only one still there was Sonny Knight doing noon-3. Bob Baron was the PD and did mornings, Frank Erwin did 9-noon, I took over noon-3 when Sonny went in to sales. Wayne Bernard (Charlie Chase) did afternoons, Jack Diamond 7-midnight and Jerry Steele overnights. Must have been a major shake up. It did work though. Before I left our little thousand watter pulled in to a virtual tie with 10,000 watt WNOX. It was a one book accomplishment, but we worked our asses off to make it happen. We did lots of outside promotions and were very visible in the community. It took that kind of over the top effort to make it happen. Baron taught me a lot I carried with me when they promoted me to PD at our Pensacola station and those lessons served me well." (Chris Hampton)


Page 3...

Happy Birthday Week to Mike Clark!