Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Ron Ashburn~ WNOX 990




What a voice! (Mike Clark)

And what a genuinely nice guy. I toured The Mighty Fine 99 in 1975 and met the aging Ron. He quizzed me about my studies at UTK, and gave me encouragement. He was truly a noble gentleman to me. (Steve Howard)

I met him once when Beach was doing afternoons at WNOX. He was indeed a very nice guy. I believe he was the guy who did a tag for a national cigarette spot, maybe Pall Mall: "and they are mild." (Mike Clark)

I had the honor, privilege and pleasure of working with Mr. Ashburn when I was doing overnights at the historic 990 WNOX. He would come in early morning to prepare for his news broadcast and he would share memories of his early days in radio and WNOX. I'll never forget my time with a great person who had great pipes. (James Slick Maurice)

This made my day...what a super guy! (Phil Williams)