Saturday, May 18, 2019

When I reconnected with Jimmy Vineyard (circa 2009) he was GM at a cluster of stations in Panama City, FL including a cool country station WPAP-FM 92.5. I traveled to the panhandle regularly for business so I enjoyed stopping in to visit with Jimmy. It was mid morning so the AM drive teams had completed their live on air shows. Walking thru the cool building (I love radio control rooms) I was shown five studios but their were no DJs...everything was either being voice tracked or was syndicated. Regardless, I was in hog heaven.

It wasn't too much further down the timeline of life when I partnered with Jimmy and show host Eddie Beacon on a weekly racing show called Bumper2Bumper on WNOX, then at 100.3 on the FM dial. We enjoyed a couple of years having fun and talking vrooming!

The 101 Audio Vault travels back to Jimmy's days at WIVK...