Thursday, April 09, 2009

Back in '79 WBIR-FM was playing country music. In August of that year the station changed formats and became an AOR station. The new station was known as WBIR-FM "We Believe In Rock"

Here are some names from the early days of the AOR format...Keith Lambert, Carson Cooper, Mike Beach, and Kim Mayo!

"Hello! I'm Kev, the newest in a long line of DJs at 103.5 WIMZ. As part of our 30th anniversary celebration, I have been charged with the task of searching out and contacting all (or as many as possible) previous DJs from the station.

Your site has been a good source of information for me thus far, and I was wondering if I could get additional assistance from you in contacting these people. Any information you or your viewers have would be greatly appreciated. Names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, or any leads you can provide will be a great help.

Please feel free to e-mail me whatever you've got to kev@wimz.com . Thanks!"

Kevin "Stryker" Summitt
air talent, promotions 103.5 WIMZ /WNFZ 94.3 the X
South Central Media