Friday, June 05, 2020

Ktown radio these days...

If you are like me, these days when listening to the wonderful world of radio I always ask myself is that DJ live in the studio or voice tracked?

Several years back I traveled to Panama City for work. I stopped in to say hello to my WIVK friend from days gone by, Jimmy Vineyard. Jimmy was GM of a group of stations there. We said hello and laughed at how time had flown past us, first time seeing each other in about 30 ageless years! It was around 11am so the 5 midday shows were on the air. We toured the small studios...no DJ was to be found, all 5 stations were voice tracking or syndicated during the midday slot. Oh well, modern technology I guess!

Yesterday I jumped on to the WIVK website and listened to the station...here's their current line-up-

530 Tony and Kris
10 Jennifer Alexander
1 Rich Bailey (PD)
3 Gunner
7 Mac
12 Blair Garner

And a shoutout to @TonyWIVK (Tony Randall), we follow each other on Twitter. My handle is @talkgeorge