Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Here's Mike Beach, one of our favorites...

After getting a good nap just before Jerry Steele's last show, I went on to do afternoons on WAVA, and WPGC in Washington DC, mornings on KBEQ, Kansas City, KS-04, Denver, KTFM, San Antonio, and took Kiss-102 Charlotte from the ground up as PD and morning man with Chuck Baron. Amazing what some sleep can do for one's career! Update: I am currently living in central Florida, and have an active life managing my real estate. Some days I must admit to missing air work a great deal, then I remember how much control management exerts these days. Then I am glad to be working for myself. There are still a very few pockets of real personality around the country, the guys in the back offices don't seem to want original thinkers. Too hard to replace I suppose. Dave Young and I mentioned the possibility of a reunion some time this year in Knoxville.......Bill Beason emailed me of a few people who were interested. Please let Bill, Dave or me know...only 3 or 4 people responded.