Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"My wife, Diane and I were blessed to know George as fellow ex pats in Anguilla, West Indies. Of course we met George first at Saint Gerard’s Catholic Church on the island where he had become The Voice of Saint Gerard’s. George’s total faith in the Lord and love of the Blessed Sacrament was always an inspiration to me. George and I became very close over the years and I discovered a gentle soul who was generous to a fault. George was always ready with that wonderful laugh and a word of encouragement to all. He remained loyal to the Vols who he cheered on every season and critiqued in off season as he would explain to me how his team would enter the next season. We enjoyed sitting over dinner and drinks discussing his past affiliations and the current affairs of Anguilla. George was loved by all of Anguilla. Even after he moved back to his beloved Tennessee, and we to Texas, I was blessed to visit with him each month by phone. While we both shared a desire to return to the islands we both knew that for now we needed to be stateside. I will miss our conversations and though I have an emptiness in my heart, I know that he is home with his Lord and Savior. God Bless and comfort his family."

Respectfully yours,
Dennis Sheehan