Saturday, December 28, 2013

Great stuff from Walker Johnson...


Nope, I didn't write this but found it on FB and sure did relate to it!!

If you know what ‘cue burn’ is, you just might understand what I miss about radio.
If you love the smell stale cigarette smoke and musty record shucks, you just might understand what I miss about radio.
If you’ve ever read a newscast from AP wire copy that was missing the letter “L”, you just might understand what I miss about radio. 
If a bulk tape eraser has ever melted in your hands, you just might understand what I miss about radio. 
If the GM’s wife has ever called and asked you to play a Hollyridge strings album on the FM during her bridge club meeting, you might understand what I miss about radio. 
If you’re ever set up a remote at the mall and forgotten the microphone, you just might understand what I miss about radio. 
If you’ve ever had to dash into a Radio Shack in the mall to by a $49 microphone, you just might understand what I miss about radio. 
If you have ever had a phone cradled to your ear listening to caller while cueing up a record and reading a weather forecast inside a too short jingle donut, all at the same time, you just might understand what I miss about radio. 
If you change jobs because you are offered a better deal of $140 a week and a free apartment, you just might understand what I miss about radio. 
If copying down the last guy’s transmitter readings because you were too busy to take yours, then you just might understand what I miss about radio.
If you lived in fear the FCC would eventually find out that you forgot to change antenna patterns at sunset 6 years ago, you just might understand what I miss about radio. 
If you ever thought that your boss was a low-life, penny-pinching, skin-flint for replacing something from RCA with something from Sparta, you just might understand what I miss about radio. 
If you have ever locked yourself out of the station while going to get something out of your car, you just might understand what I miss about radio.