Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hi George,

Any idea where Wayne Swan is these days (aka: Michael Man The Hit Man)? I worked with him in the early 90's at I-100. 

When I first met him he was larger than life. I was a new hire at WOKI and they had me work the overnight shift with The Hitman. When I walked in I introduced myself and said "I am here to train with you". So I sat with him and observed for about an hour. He asked if I wanted to give it a try. I said "Sure!" and was very nervous being on the air for the first time. Before I could even open the mic he disappeared. I didn't know where he went and I happened to look out of the studio window from the 6th floor and saw him get in his car to make a food run! Talk about butterflies, he threw me in and it was sink or swim. When he came back he laughed and laughed and thought it was funny but said the best way to learn is to jump in the water. 

Attached is some audio I thought you might like.

Thanks!

Mike Bridges
Panama City, FL 




Page 3...

Couple of Happy Birthday wishes today-

Mickey Dearstone, program director and morning host on WNML!

David Steele, Knoxville native and voice of Orlando Magic!