Monday, August 10, 2015

...in the beginning

Some mild mannered, caring radio owner or programmer gave each of us our start, for me it was Earl Lauderdale at WBLC 1360 in Lenoir City, April 12, 1976...what memories!

What about you, who gave you your start?

After passing my 3rd class license test I started knocking on doors and wound up working weekends on Browder Hill! The WBLC line up featured Earl from 6-9a, Bob McKeehan 9-noon, and Rick Smith until sign off!

If memory serves me others called WBLC their first stop on the radio merry go round...Mike Beach, Bob Thomas, Scott Sams, Allen Free, etc.


From the 101 InBox~

"I was visiting my mom in Loudon this weekend and found this in the top drawer in a bedroom. It's from WBLC 1360, Lenoir City around 1969. That was my first job in radio!" (Jerry Howell)




Page 3-

Happy Birthday this weekend to Channing Smith!!!