Thursday, August 07, 2008

101 heard from a couple of folks regarding Jim Humphries. Thanks to Walker Johnson for the photo. Walker's blog MEDIA REPORT is a great daily read!!!

This was a three shot of me...Jim and Joe but I edited us out so you could have it of him for your story. I was there in late '73 or early '74. Jim was middays and I replaced Beach in the afternoon. He was working for the RR unless he has retired? WJ

I was also a witness to Jim Humphries record - I sat with him one night watching him using a little 2 turntable remote system - I believe it was in a camper - I just loved hanging around stuff like that and watching - he was very nice to a young teenage boy that was thrilled to watch how everything worked - I aspired to be a star someday in my hometown, but it never happened - BTW, where is Jim today? Chris Campbell