Saturday, December 03, 2011

"Wow…I remember all you noted this morning. Wasn’t the Ivanhoe around where the Copper Cellar is now? I listened to WKGN a lot when I was in college because I liked oldies. Even when I was working at WIVK but don’t tell Bobby Denton. Of course you left off newsman Joe Anderson on WKGN in the morning with Dr Al. I remember one morning Mike Hammond and I were working in the newsroom at WIVK. It was a little slow and frankly we were a little bored. Mike put me up to making a prank call into Joe. I called and put on a thick east Tennessee accent. Joe…Have you heard about that FAR (Fire)...I proceeded to tell him about some big fire that was over there “off the interstate.” Man the flames are leaping in the air. Cars are stopping…Hell Joe…it may have burned down half of Knoxville! I’m sure Joe got all in a tissie and Mike and I laughed all morning! Those were the good days!" (Paul Lyle)

Page 3...

Remember Shotgun Stevens from WOKI? He is back on the radio in Orlando hosting a talk show from 9a-noon on WEUS Big 810. He has used the on air name "Doc Holliday" for many years in Otown...